Who we are
Patience Capital Group (“PCG”) aims to be a leading real estate investment manager. Founded in 2019, PCG manages assets on behalf of institutional clients and private investors worldwide.
As the name suggests, PCG was set up to focus on long term investment. Investment performance is our priority – we strive to generate strong risk-adjusted returns for our investors over the long haul.
Since the firm started in November 2019, we now have two offices in Singapore and Tokyo.
PCG currently manages two funds:
- Japan Tourism Fund One (JTF)
A discretionary fund launched in December 2019 focusing on acquiring tourism-related assets in Japan
- Japan Residential Opportunities Fund (ASTRO)
A discretionary fund launched in November 2020 focusing on acquiring residential assets in Central Tokyo and Greater Tokyo
PCG also provides real estate development advisory and project consultancy services to corporates.
Prudence: We make decisions carefully. Thorough analysis and diligent underwriting form the core of PCG’s investment approach. We exercise sound judgement and take a considered approach to manage risks as we bring the best possible investment returns.
Acumen: We make good judgement, in an artful manner. We are highly disciplined in seeking out investment opportunities with deep value.
Teamwork: Teamwork is at the heart of how we operate. We take pride in operating proactively and collaboratively amongst colleagues to achieve the best possible results. We know from experience that we can achieve much more collectively than any of us could individually.
Integrity: Our reputation as individuals and as a firm is paramount. We are committed to upholding integrity. It is trust from our partners that allows us to operate.
Entrepreneurial: Maintaining our entrepreneurial spirit is important to the culture of PCG. We constantly seek out and incorporate new ideas into our investment and operations.
Nimble: Unlike larger outfits, we are quick and agile in our approach to investing and are able to act swiftly without bureaucracy, but without comprising our corporate governance and rigorous investment process.
Creativity: We demonstrate a high degree of originality and imagination in our design and creative approach. We constantly stay in tune with innovative ideas and pride ourselves in staying at the forefront of creativity and innovation.
Excellence: Results count. We focus on achieving superior risk-adjusted returns. We set high personal and company standards, and then consistently try to exceed them. We attract self-motivated, highly capable, results-oriented people and grow together as a firm.
- Vast Network – Over his 19-year career at GIC, Ken Chan established deep relationships with businesses, corporates, financial institutions, both in Japan and the rest of the world, while his team has a vast network in multiple fields from finance to technology, sports and wellness to design and arts. Our network is PCG’s key strength in building and conducting business for our investments.
- Deal Sourcing and Origination – Our team has a collective investment track record with over 70 years of experience investing in Japan real estate, investing over US$20 billion across various real estate classes. The team’s local connections and deal sourcing capabilities are unique to PCG.
- Execution Capability – PCG’s investment team, supported by a strong network of advisors/consultants, has best-in-class deal execution abilities, from structuring the deal and thinking through tax and financing issues, to matching the asset with the most appropriate asset management strategy.
- Asset Management Capability – Our team also has a proven track record totaling over 70 years managing commercial, hospitality and residential assets, with extensive experience in all stages of asset management from development to refurbishment, and for hospitality assets, changing brands and enhancing value.
- Content Curation – What makes PCG even more unique is our ability to curate content: tasteful design and branding, tailoring the right concept for each asset, developing the right leasing strategy and tenant mix – all key ingredients for a successful investment.